So…I thought I should get a more festive post in here, so here it is.
Holiday moments…I’m sure we all have different things that we do every holiday with our family and friends, but here are my 6 favourite holiday moments.
1) Chats over hot cocoa: That might sound like a pretty normal thing, but I associate it with the holidays. These happen a few times during the holidays…after some Christmas shopping with friends or sometimes I’ll go out with my family just go to get some nice hot cocoa, sit down and have a nice chat.
2) Decorating the tree: A family tradition. This one really gets me in the holiday spirit and it’s a really fun thing for everybody to get together and do.
3) Strolls in the snow: There aren’t many places open on Christmas, so my family just goes outside to enjoy the snowy scenery. A snowball fight is just as likely to happen as a chat.
4) Christmas movies: Getting together with family or friends to watch a good old Christmas movie is another one of my favourite things to do during the holidays.
5) Christmas shopping: Yes, this is a hectic experience for many. But I actually like browsing different stores to try to find the perfect gifts. While I’m a fan of online shopping, I’m still a firm believer in going out there and actually physically browsing and shopping. I especially love going with family or friends. The more the merrier!
6) Christmas mornings: My favourite day of the year…and I love Christmas mornings. Everyone is content after a good night’s sleep and I finally get to find out if the gifts I picked out were good ones. And then comes the many small little moments with family that happen throughout the day that I really treasure.
So…that’s it! Makes me feel a little nostalgic whenever I think of these since I’ve done most of them since I was a kid.