Some of you are probably sick of these after hearing them everywhere from the mall to the radio and then maybe even from the carollers that keep showing up on your doorstep. But I never seem to tire of them. So…today’s post is about my 9 favourite Christmas carols!
1) Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer: I grew up with this carol, so it just makes me feel nostalgic every time I hear it. That’s probably why I still love it.
2) Last Christmas: This probably isn’t the most cheerful and I don’t know if it’s actually considered a carol, but oh well. I suppose I’m a bit of a downer, but, and some of you may know this, I seem to be attracted by the sadder songs.
3) White Christmas: I absolutely love snow, and the image of a white Christmas is essential when I think of the holiday. So I guess it’s not surprise that this would be one of my favourites.
4) It’s Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas: I usually start playing this song in…well, November. Probably a little early for some, but after Halloween it really does begin to look and feel festive. At least, that’s how I feel.
5) It’s The Most Wonderful Time of the Year: This song is pretty much an embodiment of my feelings about Christmas. I think that explains everything.
6) Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas: I find this song really soothing and think that it’s the perfect song to play during Christmas, especially when you have guests, etc. over.
7) Jingle Bells: A classic. Really, this carol is part of my holiday repertoire every year. Another one that makes me feel nostalgic when I hear it.
8) Blue Christmas: All the different colours of Christmas…another one that people are probably tired of, but that I really love. Another one with lyrics that aren’t really cheerful, but…I like what I like.
9) Winter Wonderland: Not a surprise, really. With my love of both the holidays and winter, it’d be more surprising if this wasn’t on my list, really.
And that’s it! Drop by again tomorrow for another countdown list~
Thanks for stopping by!